Wednesday 1 February 2012

Peter Kennard

Kennard was born in London in 1949 he began drawing and painting intensely at the age of 13, this is the point in which it became a big thing to him. He used a shed that he had found in the back garden of the flat's where he lives, he used this place to produce his work it was somewhere he could make as much mess as he wanted and needed and enabled him to create pieces.

Kennard's photomontage pieces were based on and reflected his envolvment in the anit-Vietnam War movement. He started off painting but later turned to photomontage as he felt it was a better way for him to express his political views.

"The photojournalist goes out and takes the pictures; I sit in a room with the tools of my trade and try to pummel these pictures into revealing invisible connections, disconnecting them from direct representation into statement and argument. Although, compared to a photojournalist, I’m grounded and stuck at my safe desk or in my darkroom under safelight, I still feel that my subject has to be made up from events from around the world". http://www.peterkennard.com/main/home_set.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment