Monday 6 February 2012

edits...

I have done a couple more edits experimenting with eyes and lenses, on each of these experiments I have replaced the eyes or pupils with a lens from a camera, I have done this because I persionally love photography and the camera is like a second set of eyes, images of what is reality are captured through the camera and its lens, so I really liked the idea of replacing the eyes with the camera lens, like taking away your first set of eyes and you are seeing everything through the camera, here are the two experiments that I have produced;


In the experiment abouve I have taken the image of the lens from the camera and I have selected it using photoshop, I then layered the selection on top of the portrait image - duplicating the lens layer to create two (lens) to cover the eyes - going with the theme of what I mentioned above. Then using the blur tool i made the edges of the lens' that I had placed onto the portrait image to make it work a bit better and look like its one image, I have do it to a point where I feel it works quite well, the edges are blurred to a point where it looks like the lens is popping out of the head and not just sat on top which I am quite happy with.

Above I have replaced the pupils of the eyes with the camera lens, to do this I again took the selection of the lens and created two layers on the image - for each eye. Then using mask layers and the eraser and the occasional selection tool to make the areas that I wanted to remove a bit more accurate, I removed small areas of the pasted lens layers so that they would fit into where the pupil's are, making it look like her eyes are no longer as they should be, they are now the lens of a camera - again linking to the theme which I have mentioned above.

Although I do really like these edits, I don't think they are that successful. There is still something missing from them, they aren't very interesting and I feel that maybe I need to add something else onto the face, something else mechanical to make the piece work better together, making it more visually interesting to the viewer, giving them a few different things to look at and drawing them in and making them understand exactly what I am trying to say by replacing the eyes with the lens.


All images are taken from Google.



No comments:

Post a Comment