Saturday 4 February 2012

Cyborg

Definition - "A human who has certain physiological processes aided or controlled by mechanical or electronic devices". http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cyborg

A cyborg is a:
  • cybernetic organism
  • hybrid of machine and organism
  • creature of both fiction and lived social reality 
 http://cyborganthropology.com/Donna_Haraway

From the research that I have done up until this point, I have been able to gather a few different ideas on the direction in which I am going to go in, however I still don't really have anything solid enough to work on yet. I just have a few ideas of things that I could combine from the human body and electronic items - merging them together to create a human cyborg.

The ideas I have at this point are combining a humans chest/torso and adding in a section of an engine from a car by either using the cut and paste technique or merging and blending to make it look like one piece. I also have an idea of taking a person and adding in a television as so much of what we do today evolves around the television.

No comments:

Post a Comment