Thursday 1 March 2012

more feedback..

I found the feedback session this week both very confusing and helpful. Having shown the experiments which are in the previous post, the direction I want to go in was understood, yet wasn't really obvious and definable within my experiments. My class mates and tutor suggested a few different ways I could approach the experimenting stage, things such as backtracking and going back to using a tripod as legs, making the person like a manikin, there were also a few other suggestions as to where I could go with it, but during the session I actually found myself very lost and confused, there were so many different things going through my head and as stupid as it sounds, I was trying to make sense of everything that had just been suggested to me yet I was totally unable to.

I decided to switch off to it for a few hours and stop thinking about it in the hope that I could come up with some ideas for what to do next. Which is exactly what happened, I was able to make total sense of everything that night - I guess my brain was just a bit overloaded with information; even though it didn't seem like much was said.

I also spoke to one of my class mates the next day as she had suggested something to me, yet again I couldn't make full sense of it. Once I had spoken to her about it, everything made total sense and my ideas started to fall into place. The thing that she had suggested was that I could maybe look at using what we see when looking through the view finder of a camera as the eyes of the person within the piece that I was going to produce, making it obvious that what I am trying to show is how we have become so much like cameras, the have become a necessity and they are like our second set of eyes.

Taking all of this advice in I decided to go off and experiment with my ideas a little more... the outcomes that I produce will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment