Tuesday 31 January 2012

Ideas...

During the presentation we had yesterday for the introduction to this brief I wrote down some notes, bullet pointing some of the areas that were discussed during this time.


Cyborg:

  • Human bodies
  • Representation of the body
  • Technology
Items that are extensions of us:
  • Cars
  • Mobiles
  • Computers/laptops
  • Ipods
  • Cameras/photographs
A few ideas:
  • Power and discipline
  • Ethics
  • Morals
  • Photo montage
  • Our relationship to things
  • Technological development
  • Improving what we can do as humans
Below are the names of some people that I am going to research as a starting point, so I can gain different ideas allowing me to come up with some ideas and direction:
  •  Donna Harraway
  • Wafaa Bilal
  • Fritz Kahn
  • Raoul Hausmann
  • Hannah Hoch
  • Martha Rosler
  • Peter Kennard
  • Stelarc

A few articles/websites I am going to look at are:
  • The Guardian's website
  • A Publications about body and society
  • Silvian Thompkins - article about our bodies responses

Films I am going to watch as a starting point:
  • Metropolis (1927)
  • Terminator 2

I also intend to read the book 'The Metamorphosis' by Franz Khan.

No comments:

Post a Comment